Running, Art, Food, and Good Beer..

Saturday, April 2, 2011

One Ambitious Saturday

...A few words come to mind when i think about today's run, Ambitious, Tough, Preemptive, Hopeful? Whatever the correct description, I sure as hell was NOT expecting what came to be. 


We preemptively(?) decided to run our trails. Let just say apart from the serene beauty that the woods brought and the instant gratification of not being on a sidewalk, the entire darn thing was just tough.  We started out running the big hill and every other step I/we were falling through snow up to our knees. Dang and i was being a big ol' complainin' baby!  I proclaimed to Kevin midway up the hill.. "i cant do this. It's taking all of my might just to keep my body vertical." Forget about "good form running" or any of that fake Christopher McDougal crap! (kidding). I was just trying to stay upright instead of on my back side. 


When we got to the midsection.. Kevin asked me if i wanted to turn around or take the big hill up to North St.?    My response: " Lets just do it." (Bill Bowerman's ears are ringing, with me dropping a NIKE ad in the woods of Vermont.)  Soooo we tried and i made him walk most of, if  not all the way to the top, which leads me to the ambitious section of our run. 
BUT WE MADE IT! The first Run..in the woods of the season! If you can call it that ( but I'm sure as hell going to!) And I'm looking forward  to the snow melting even more so i can run, and run, and run. 


Moral of the story, At least i was outside enjoying life and thats what matters. right? right. 


1:24:09 and man do i need some ICY/ HOT before tomorrows run!

No comments:

Post a Comment