Running, Art, Food, and Good Beer..

Friday, July 8, 2011

Me and running have an anniversary...

            Endurance. I dont know if I necessarily have what the definition of that word is. I often hear from people "I dont know how you run that far". (I don't think I run that far, because, well I dont.) Likewise, I find myself saying to some pretty rad bikers I work with, "I dont know how you guys get up those hills!" And they look at me like I don't know the difference between apples and oranges. 

           I've come to think that maybe the main ingredient to endurance is love. Love of what you do, and the drive to excel at it. And knowing that with betterment comes more fun and love. I love running. I love the way I feel when I'm running (99.99% of the time). When i have a particularly great run, the kind that when you come home you wish you could do it all over again, because you know you could no problem, you don't even want to take your shoes off, because its admitting you have to wait till tomorrow to do it again, and take a shower and be clean, and go to work, like the best kinds of run on sentences KIND OF RUNS.. I love running even more. 

         When my boyfriend, who is hands down the best runner I know, goes and runs an obscene amount of hours on the disgustingly hot day, comes back with a smile on his face, and someone asks him "How do you do it?" I know the answer comes down to the plain old fact of the matter that he LOVES running. The same way I know the guys I work with love being on there bikes. 

         Having endurance is what you make of it. I had enough endurance to laugh through my entire run today and it felt great. It wasn't 20 miles. But i had fun, and I didn't want to take my sneakers off. For the most part my running career can be defined by that very sentence.

         At the end of the day Love what you do. And have fun doing it. And if you can love something for 6yrs, which, about to date is how long Ive been running, I would say thats all the endurance you need. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment