Right now, I feel like Im starting at scratch in all aspects of my life, especially my running. Its hard to admit sometimes, when you just have to step back, and say okay, I need to start re-training myself and my life, in order to be a better runner, and a better person. Along with getting a new, great job, comes new, maybe not so great hours. Finding time to be motivated and healthy is not always easy, and falling off the track is.
Some days I wake up, go to work, eat badly, come home, and don't want to do any physical activity because my "knees hurt" or "I'm so exhausted". All of these judgment calls ultimately lead to an even worse day tomorrow. Its hard to wake up early, get outside, and then think about making myself a healthy lunch that will give me enough energy but not bonk me out so I can keep on keepin' on! It makes it difficult to find food, and energy sources that will build and keep my muscles strong for a run tomorrow, or a bike ride three days from now.
I used to say that you had to change today if you wanted tomorrow to be any different. I still believe that. My boyfriend always tells me to run to the end of the street, or as far as a I can go, and then tomorrow, see if I can go further.
I guess starting back at square one, as difficult as it is, teaches me that I'll always have to work for what i want, if thats the case.. Cheers to a new day!
No comments:
Post a Comment